ISPConfig 3 - Add Subdomains

Discussion in 'General' started by Barbaros.Oezdemir, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Barbaros.Oezdemir

Barbaros.Oezdemir New Member

I want to add some subdomains. To do this, i went on ISPConfig 3 menu => "Sites" => "Subdomain". Then i entered following:

Host: test
    Domain: domain.com
    Redirect type: No redirect
    Redirect Path:
    Active: "ok"

When i try to access test.domain.com i get the error "Address could not be found". I can access domain.com and myotherdomain.com witout any problem.

I have also tried following:

I deleted the subdomain. I entered a domain test.domain.com. The result didn't change.

How can i add subdomains?

I appreciate any feedback. Thanks a lot.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The subdomain has to exist in dns too. So make sure that you created also a dns a record for the subdomain.

3. Barbaros.Oezdemir

Barbaros.Oezdemir New Member

As far as i could read on previous messages with similar subject, i have noticed, that what you mean with creating "DNS record" is about entering new DNS Zone's? Assuming that i understood it right, i did following:

I have created 2 DNS Zone's, one for myfirstdomain.com and one for myseconddomain.com .
    As a result, now both domains show the same index.html. It is the one which belongs to myfirstdomain.com .

How can i create DNS records? Can you explain it please.

Thanks a lot for your responses.

PS:
    I have two domains. 1 static IP, 1 server behind a router/firewall. All i want is to have separate index.html for my domains and to create Subdomains of myseconddomain.com .

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  4. dzudzu

dzudzu New Member

Depending where you modify your dns zones u need to modify domain.com and *.domain.com to point to same ip and in ispconfig u need to create 2 different sites for those 2 different domains

As for dns zones, there are 2 cases: 1 is you modify them in the control panel of the supplier where you purchased domains or 2 u use mydns that came with ispconfig