ISPConfig 3 and MailZu (quarantine management interface for amavisd-new)

Discussion in 'General' started by phamels, Sep 23, 2014.

1. phamels

phamels Member

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if it would be possible to use ISPConfig 3 and MailZu for amavisd-new together.
    MailZu requires SQL reporting from amavisd-new so I'm worried a bit it would break the ISPConfig system, since SQL reporting from amavisd-new requires changes to be made to the amavisd-new config files.

Does anybody else have any experience with MailZu and ISPConfig?

Basically I'm just looking for a sort of web interface for spam monitoring and quarantining, so other suggestions are welcome as well :)
    Just one of those ideas that came to mind from nowhere :)

Cheers!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I havent tested that but I guess it should work with ispconfig. ispconfig uses the normal amavisd sql table layout, jsut the names of the tables have been changed and a few ispconfig specific fields (that dont get read by amavisd) were added.

3. phamels

phamels Member

Thanks Till for the reply!

I managed to setup amavisd-new and specifiy a seperate storage database (so I don't have to mess around in the ispconfig database and since MailZu only uses the storage DB) using the docs from amavisd-new

Had to patch MailZu though, since amavisd-new has changed the DB scheme a little bit since it last was updated (no longer maintained):

Code:
    sed -i 's/dbtype/dbType/' DBEngine.class.php
    sed -i 's/COUNT(content)/COUNT(msgs.content)/' DBEngine.class.php
    sed -i 's/WHERE content=/WHERE msgs.content=/' DBEngine.class.php

Other than that, seems to work fine!

4. phamels

phamels Member

Note to everyone that wishes to accomplish this:

Make sure you setup a script to clean up your amavis storage db once in a while as it will fill up very quickly if you have a busy mail server!