ISPConfig 3 Apache2 reverse proxy

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Zoltan Mathe, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Zoltan Mathe

Zoltan Mathe New Member

Hello.
    Somebody can help me, how to configure reverse proxy for some domains with Apache install?

Best Regards Zoltán Máthé.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I believe it does not matter whether you have Apache or some other web server running on your host. The reverse proxy must run on a separate extra host anyway. So you need a new host for the reverse proxy, seems usually nginx is run on the reverse proxy, I'm not sure why. I guess Apache would works also.
    Have you tried Internet Search Engines with:
    Code:
    site:howtoforge.com apache reverse proxy

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is some support for reverse proxying individual sites under the Redirect tab, I think you just choose 'proxy' as the Redirect Type and enter the destination in Redirect Path. In practice you will probably need additional apache config directives to be set, so just skip that and head straight to the site Options tab and enter everything you need in the apache directives. I'm sure you'll find examples using the above mentioned web search if needed.

4. Zoltan Mathe

Zoltan Mathe New Member

My question is wrong... :( I have installed ISPConfig 3 with Apache webserver. on my local network are some more Hosts for ex. gitlab, moodle, nextcloud ... On the ISPConfig Server i have hosted websites. I have just one public IP address, in this fall i must configure the Reverse proxy on my ISPConfig Server, but i dont know how can i configure. I think i must add a site for ex. cloud.domain.com and a proxy redirect to the host on my lan, but this config wount works.

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

So you want to make your ISPConfig a reverse proxy server to another server in your network? Unless I am wrong that should be straight forward whether that ISPConfig server is apache2 or nginx.