ISPConfig 3 Billing Module

Discussion in 'General' started by till, Jul 7, 2011.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ISPConfig 3 Billing Module is an extension for ISPConfig 3 to add billing and invoicing features to the ISPConfig 3 Control Panel. The Billing Module is tightly integrated into ISPConfig and can be accessed from within the ISPConfig 3 administrator login. Please find below the feature list and the download links for the manuals which describe all features in detail.

Features
    • Create invoices by invoice editor.
    • Automatically create invoices based on recurring items / subscriptions (e.g.
    • domains, websites, support contracts, etc.).
    • Save invoices as PDF file.
    • Creation of credits.
    • Sending invoices via email.
    • Sending payment reminders via email.
    • Item templates
    • Email templates
    • Support for multiple clients / companies with separate account number ranges.
    • Providing client invoices in the ISPConfig login.
    • Expansion of client attitudes from ISPConfig to specific details such as bill payment, e-mail of the billing and payment gateway.
    • Automatic assignment of account numbers.
    • Creating recurring items based on the ISPConfig client templates.
    • The Billing Module is integrated in ISPConfig and ISPConfig can be accessed via the administrator login.
    • The Billing Module is delivered in source code, so that individual adjustments are possible.
    • Support for PayPal payments.
    • Dashboard plugin to display invoices in the client login.
    • External payment link landing page for automated payments from customers.

Please visit ispconfig.org for details and the online demo:

http://www.ispconfig.org/ispconfig-3/ispconfig-3-billing-module/

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
    Kedka, realtor138, MrRedBeard and 5 others like this.
  2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Wow.. Looking great! Well done team!

3. pititis

pititis Member

Hi,

The recurring invoices feature is great, you can save a lot of time. Integration with ispconfig is total.

Thanks to the ispconfig team

4. jboud

jboud Member

Captcha in the order form doesnt work for me, I'll try again later.

5. till

Thanks for the note, I will check that. Which Browser do you use?

You can order the billing module also by email, just send me the details that were requested in the order form to info [at] ispconfig [dot] org.

6. jboud

jboud Member

It looks ok now, I used IE, MozFF and Chrome. But looks fine now and i made the order :D no more sad panda.

7. rtrynor

rtrynor Member

Sowhat does this cost in US dollars?

One more question. Is there a way to setup everything so someone goes to the site, signs up and picks a hosting plan then billing bills them. Make the whole thing automatic.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
    Ed Carroll likes this.
  8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Based on the current exchange rate (1 EUR = 1,4270 $), this would be around 84 $. If you choose PayPal to buy the module, PayPal will handle the currency conversion.

9. till

Not in the current version. We plan to add such a external shop / cms system plus the remote API for one of the next releases.

10. rtrynor

rtrynor Member

Hope it will be soon :)

11. Toucan

Toucan Member

Updates and sending

What a great addon. This really is very cool. I can at last get my accounts in order.

Just two small questions...

The first; may be a little obvious, but in the manual it says about doing an upgrade step. I assume you only have to do this step when you have a module upgrade?

The second; When I send an invoice, either manually or by make invoices, they do send but don't seem to get marked as sent but do appear as printed even though I haven't printed them. Am I using the module wrong?

12. till

Yes. As the current version is the first released version, it does not contain the update script yet. The next release will have a update.php script to update the billing module.

Printed basically means that the pdf has been created and stored on the harddisk. This happens automatically when you press the finalize button or when the invoice is send.
    The invoices should get marked as send when they were send, I will check that.

13. Toucan

Toucan Member

Till,

How did you get on with that? Is it doing the same for you?

BTW, I can't thank you enough for this extention - worth every penny.

David

14. till

Yes, I was able to reproduce that and have fixed it already in our internal SVN. If you like to get the patched file before we release the first bugfix version, please send me a email.

Thanks! Glad to hear that you like the addon.

15. giftsnake

giftsnake New Member

are future upgrades already included in the price? especially new version numbers.

16. till

All updates that were released within one year after the purchase of the billing module are included.

17. zenny

zenny Member

Wow that looks awesome! Thanks for your hard work. ;-)

18. giftsnake

giftsnake New Member

i am really impressed, thank you!

19. otacon

otacon New Member

Am I allowed to modify the module? I have a go daddy API to resell Domain names and this needs to be included.

I just want to make sure that I am legally able to modify your script for my purposes.

20. mentes

mentes Member

License And Terms
    The ISPConfig 3 Billing Module is subject to the following license :
    The licensee has the right to use the Software on a single ISPConfig 3 control panel server. In a multiserver ISPConfig 3 installation, a license for the “master” server is needed, the slave servers do not require their own licenses. The ISPConfig 3 Billing Module is delivered in source code. Modifications of the source code for your own use are permitted. The source code of the Billing Module must not be disclosed to third parties or published. The useful life is not limited in time. The licensee is entitled to install the Billing Module on a second server for testing purposes, as long as this server is not used actively for billing purposes. For questions about the license, you should contact [email protected]