ISPConfig 3 Cluster of master and slave server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by toyinal, Feb 2, 2016.

1. toyinal

toyinal Member

I setup a cluster of mirrored master and slave ISPConfig 3 servers using this guide https://www.howtoforge.com/installi...tabase-cluster-on-debian-6.0-with-ispconfig-3. While I can login to roundcube webmail on the master server, I get the error Login Failed when I tried to login to same email address on the slave roundcube webmail. Please see the maillog

Feb 2 18:22:55 server2 dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (auth failed, 1 attempts in 2 secs): user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, secured, session=<GxVkwMwqewAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>

I'm suspecting that the roundcube/webmail on the slave is querying dbispconfig2 database instead of the dbispconfig1 database that contains the email addresses.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

roundcube is a webmal client, it connects directly to imap and does not connect to the dbispconfig database. In a mirrored setup, a email account that you create on the master gets created on the slave as well, if thats not the case, then the mirroring is not working correctly yet. Check ispconfig debug instructions to debug the slave and see if it connects and replicates changes from master correctly.