ispconfig 3 - commercial ssl

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Jun 22, 2023.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    if for the server name i want to use a commercial ssl, instead the LE, there is a way that i can use it?
    Because as far as i can see, right now, only LE is supported for this.

ty

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Of course, you can use commercial SSL certs in ISPConfig. See the SSL tab of the website and also the ISPConfig manual.

3. tr909192

No, i mean for the ssl of the server itself. The one linked on pureftpd, and postfix...

4. till

Ah, ok. Yes, you can use commercial certs there too. The cert, key and bundle is in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ Replace it with one that you bought and restart all related services (or the whole server) afterwards.

5. tr909192

ok thanks, but in that way, i'll no risk that acme will override these? I mean, can i disable the acme client, for the server "main" certificate?

6. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just don't let the installer create a server certificate for you and remove the eventual directory in /root/.acme.sh for the server's hostname certificate if you did let acme.sh create it.

7. tr909192

with autoinstaller as far as i can see, there is no way to ask to acme, to not create the ssl for the server. i wrong?

8. till

I think it should be enough to just remove the created LE cert using acme.sh command (or by deleting its directory and config in /root/.acme.sh/ and then replace the SSL cert in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/

9. tr909192

ok i'll try in that way.
    thank you all.