ispconfig 3 Debian the perfect server

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by marmellata, Jul 5, 2010.

1. marmellata

marmellata New Member

Hello,
    I followed the perfect server debian lenny ispconfig 3 howTo and installation was fine. My server is server1.sialpe.com 192.168.0.100. Lets suppose Ip assigned me by isp is 80.66.17.56. By ispconfig I created a new site as you see in web domain and I created dns zone and records. I configured my router to forward port 80 (+ some other ones) as you can see in picture. I then configured so that is my server1 to manage my domain name sialpe.com as you see in the last picture. Now the problem is that from a pc inside my lan I cant see my site www.sialpe.com but when I set 192.168.0.100 to be my dns server I can see the default "it works!" page index.html which is in /var/www not /var/www/sialpe.com folder. Am I doing something wrong?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. marmellata

marmellata New Member

I added A record in dns server of my domain registry but still doesnt work

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You are using private IP addresses (192.168.0.100) for your DNS records. You must use public IP addresses, or your web sites cannot be accessed from outside your LAN.

4. marmellata

marmellata New Member

Thanks for you answer but I'm totally confused.. you mean I need a public ip address each site I have? or you mean I have to create another A record which point to my public ip address (that is always the same)? isnt it correct I define in my ispconfig dns zone my www or mail server is 192.168.0.100 located? Was looking at this thread http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46263&highlight=ispconfig+mydns

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  5. marmellata

marmellata New Member

My domain registry said it is no possible to use my dns instead of their ones if mine have the same ip address

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

No, one public IP is fine.

You have to change your DNS records so that they point to your public IP instead of your private IP.