ISPConfig 3 Developer documentation

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, May 16, 2008.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If some Menu Items are selected, errors occur like:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "content/development.isp-config-2.html" in /var/www/web23/web/en-sandbox-dynamic-site/libs/Smarty-2.6.18/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I think there's something wrong with the configuration, or is "no content yet" the reason?

The Bugs and feedback - ispconfig.org/bugtracker/ link gives an Fehler 403 - Verboten! Error.
    ( http://www.ispconfig.org/bugtracker/ )

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. till

Exactly :)

The docs site is work in progress, but i got several requests for ispconfig 3 developer documentation that I decided to publish the link to this document already here.

The bugtracker is now located under: http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org

I will correct the link in the site.

4. pedro_morgan

pedro_morgan ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Documentation

Cool stuff.

Need to start spending some time on this.

Also need to take out some dead pages in svn. notably isoconfig-2 as they wre/were placeholders. Maybe the pages whould be ther and link thru to website?

Can I suggest the creation of a "documentation" category in the flyspray (oil)?

pedro

5. Bobonov

Bobonov New Member

I wanted to add something in the bug tracker for ispconfig3.
    I created an account but I have no right to add a bug.
    Since I am doing intensive usage of ispconfig3 (I am a bit crazy and decided to use it on a production server, not totally crazy the server is not so important) is it possible to be able to open bugs directly without going trough the forum?

6. till

We decided to activate accounts in the bugtracker only manually due to massive spam problems. Please send me a pm with your username and I activate it for posting bugs.

7. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

Bobonov, I think I'm about to be in the same boat as you. I'm about to take ISPConfig 3 beta *.7 into production on a little used server.

All of this so I can help develop ISPConfig 3.

8. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

Would it be possible to have a way for more people to edit developer documentation? Like in a wiki format? Even if that means manually approving accounts.

9. till

We have or better had a wiki at http://wiki.ispconfig.org but it had never really been used. There were several poeple that all wanted to provide documentation but at the end it stayed empty :(

I can send you a login if you like but it might be that I have to remove it again (as the alst 3 times) when it stays empty as poeple get confused if the go to a wiki with nearly no content.

10. quentusrex

quentusrex New Member

Till,

I'd like to get a login. So that I can atleast try to get some documentation ready.

On a side note, would you be willing to test out mediawiki as the wiki software? I realize this is just my preference, but I think it works better for formatting and user features.

11. pedro_morgan

pedro_morgan ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

wiki

Any progress on wiki, may I get login and start documenting ?

pete

12. DUCKFACE

DUCKFACE Banned

How to

hwo can i use this class to greate mods and apps?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  13. till

14. DUCKFACE

DUCKFACE Banned

not workin :)

i saw that one ...
    "You might see some warning messages, which is normal when the form is opened the first time as some of the files and the database are created on the fly." DB is not creating on the fly :) especialy if u try to make any changes on the code :)
    can u explain somethin about the code .... for example inserts and updates

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  15. mcere

mcere New Member

Mailing List?

Hello,

Is there a mailing list for ISPConfig 3 Development? I've searched but I couldn't find anything, although several pages at ispconfig.org refer to a list.

Thanks,
    Mike

16. till

Please use this forum for development related questions. The ispconfig development is coordinated here, there is no mailinglist.

17. boclodoa

boclodoa New Member

Please tell what to read

I'm trying to make a module for a simple integration ispconfig3-drupal. it is very simple, it just need to exec some mkdir and ln -s, I've looked at the documentation

http://docs.ispconfig.org/development/interface/

by the way there is a typo in the line
    Code:
    $module'name']      = 'help';
    missing [

but didn't worked with a fresh installation of ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 in ubuntu 11.04

after that, I've looked in the current "help" module, and try to duplicate it, but didn't worked either because of a missing table. That's kind of strange because in the above documentation they say the required tables will be created on the fly. ¿is then necessary to run (and code) an installation procedure?

so, I've looked for some example of a simple additional module but founded only big modules, like the Billing module.

I've also purchased the user manual but, of course, is not for development.

I've thought also in hacking the apache2_plugin but I would prefer not to

can someone please point me the right direction?

Thanks

18. till

Thanks for the hint with the typo!

The database tables get generated automatically when you call the edit file the first time. I'am sure that this works in ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 as I used it yesterday when coding the VM module. You hould get a error message if its not possible to create the table. Which exact messages do you get when you call the edit file in the browser?

How do you want to integrate drupal and ispconfig? Shall ispconfig websites be created from drupal or shall drupal be installed automatically in a website from within ispconfig?

19. boclodoa

boclodoa New Member

Thank you for the quick response

the message I get is:
    Code:
    Table 'dbispconfig.support_act' doesn't exist
    what I did to get this response is:
    -- duplicate /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/help to /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/drupispc
    -- change all the appearances of the word "help" with the word "drupispc", and the word "message" with the word "act" (even in the file names).
    -- try to use the "send" form

I have a drupal installation in /var/www/drupal

What I imagine for this module, roughly speaking, is a button (create drupal) next to a websites listbox (in this case example.com chosen), on click:
    # mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite
    # mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/files
    # mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/themes
    # mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/modules
    # cp -a /var/www/sites/default/default.settings.php /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/settings.php
    # ln -s /var/www/example.com/drupalsite /var/www/sites/example.com
    # chown ...
    # chmod ...

to get this scheme to work you have to add /var/www/drupal to the PHP open_basedir, and use
    Code:

DocumentRoot /var/www/drupal
    php_admin_flag safe_mode Off

in apache directives. (using the options of the example.com website within ispconfig)

I think this way does not affect the file permission structure of ispconfig 3 (almost), and allow the client to manage his/her relevant drupal files.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  20. till

The reason for your problem is that you duplicated the whole module instead of creating just the form and ..._edit.php files. The database table gets created together with the templates file in the "template" subfolder. If the temnplate is already there, then no database table geats created. Rebname or remove the template file for the edit form from the templates folder and open the edit file again in the webbrowser.

Interface modules dont have access to the website directories, so they can do these steps. What you will have to do is to create a server plugin beside the interface module for that, as only server plugins have the nescessary permissions to create folders inside a website.

So the steps are:

1) Create a interface module to show your forms and lists in the ispconfig interface.
    2) Create a "module" file in the server part that adds events to the server side event system when a item is inserted or updated in your new database table. See server/mods-available folder for examples.
    3) Create a server side plugin that listens to these events and does the actions required to install drupal. See server/plugins-available directory for examples.