ISPConfig 3 Installation Questions

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by etpoole60, May 8, 2018.

1. etpoole60

etpoole60 New Member

I'm currently running CentOS 6.9 x86_64 and on this physical machine I'm running a Intel Core I7 -5820K with 64 GB RAM. The internal storage is:
    2 - 120GB SSD configured RAID-1
    4 - 4TB Western Digital Black also configured as 2 - 4TB RAID-1
    6 Ethernet ports with 2 ports bound and used on the bridge network for KVM.
    Currently I'm running KVM with 6 virtual servers (All running CentOS 6 x86_64); Oracle 11gR2 database; Apache HTTPD 2.4.29. I am planning on installing Bitnami LAMP.

My questions are:
    1. Can ISPConfig 3 be installed with the above applications already there?
    2. Can my current Oracle DB be used and if so how?
    3. Do I need to take another direction?

2. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ISPConfig needs php and mysql to run - for beeing able to use the web-frontend ( recommended / needed for master ISPConfig feeding its slaves ) you need apache or nginx aswell.

I haven't played with bitnami lamp, therefore I don't know how easy it would be to use as web-frontend provider for ISPConfig but beside from that, one can configure where websites shall be stored or what directories to use for writing vhost-files or php-fpm files and so on.
    However I'm not aware of integrated support for oracle databases.

ISPConfig won't read in existing configured vhosts or virtual machines. KVM is - afaik - not supported in favour of openvz. But there's an addon on git to allow Proxmox to be controlled, which in turn supports KVM. But I don't know if this feature is available or which versions of Proxmox are currently supported.

etpoole60 likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I recommend to start with a clean minimal server and nit install ISPConfig on an existing LAMP VM. ISPConfig uses MySQL or MariaDB, it does not use Oracle database but it also does not care if you installed it, it's just ignored.

You can run ISPConfig on KVM, you just cannot manage (create/Update/Delete) KVM virtual machines from within ISPConfig, but there is a Proxmox extension as @ztk.me pointed out if you want to manage KVM from within ISPConfig.

etpoole60 likes this.