ISPconfig 3 - ISPconfig App - Server Failure Warning !?!?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by danhansen@denmark, Jul 18, 2013.

1. danhansen@denmark

danhansen@denmark Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

Running a ISPconfig Server, I wonder, is it possible to get, make or install some kind of "ISPconfig Server System Checker" which "Checks" the system just like the "ISPconfig App" does, with a ping or some kind of service/port tester - to receive a warning if a service/the server is down??? Maybe a email or a notice in the App maybe?
    I know that it's possible to set the App to ping everytime you run the App, but then you'll have to run the App/check the App all the time.. A live warning in the App maybe? Or a email if somethings not running? This could be a ShellScript in CRON or something like that !?!?
    Any ideas??? Anybody doing this now?

Looking forward to your response ;)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

munit

I was looking at munit and its in the epel repository but we have a conflict on manual pages with centos 6.4:

Transaction Check Error:
    file /usr/share/man/man3/XML::SAX::Base.3pm.gz from install of perl-XML-SAX-0.96-7.el6.noarch conflicts with file from package perl-XML-SAX-Base-1.04-1.el6.rf.noarch
    file /usr/share/man/man3/XML::SAX::Exception.3pm.gz from install of perl-XML-SAX-0.96-7.el6.noarch conflicts with file from package perl-XML-SAX-Base-1.04-1.el6.rf.noarch

as its only man pages is it safe to --force? or am I just beggijng for trouble further down the line?
    when you look at removing perl-XML-SAX-Base, it also wants to remove amavisd-new, perl-LDAP, perl_XML-Filter-BufferText and perl-XML-SAX-writer.

so maybe doing a remove, then reinstalling amavisd? or just --force?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I dont know if its safe to override that. Centos gets esily broken so you might want to skip the installation.I ont us ecentos anymore for productions servers for that reason, debian and ubuntu are nearly maintenance free and more stabe on the long run when you compare it with centos.