ISPconfig 3, mail filtering

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by Justin Albstmeijer, Oct 19, 2008.

1. I'm looking at migrating an ispman/cyrus-imapd/postfix setup to ispconfig3.

To be honest replacing cyrus-imapd with any other imapd daemon hurts.
    It's just the fastest and nicest imap server I have used till now.

But if replacing it means I gain ispconfig3, It might be worth the sacrifice.

Now I have most up and running and all looks fine except one thing.

Before, the mail users could change their mail filter settings though squirrelmail.
    As Squirrelmail was running on a separate server, it connected to the cyrus sieve daemon to modify filtering rules.

The solution without sieve looks seems somewhat impaired.

- mail users can't use the webmail client anymore to crontrol filters
    - cp users need to login to the control panel to change their filter rules
    - mailbox users don't seem to be able to login into the control panel
    - the mail filter editing options are not able to show currently available mailbox subfolders

Is there anything I'm overlooking which would editing mail filters more usefull for mailbox users?

Are there any plans to support an imap server with sieve support? like cyrus or dovecot.

Thnx in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Dovecot works with ISPConfig, you will just ahve to write a dovecot.conf file that is able to authenticate against the ispconfig mysql tables.

Sieve support is currently not planned as ISPConfig 3 uses maildrop for mail filtering.

The filter rules will create a folder if it does not exist.

3. Thanks.

Before I consider switching to dovecot, some last questions

- What was de reason to switch from dovecot to courier between ispconfig2 and ispconfig3?
    - Dovecot works with ispconfig3, but will it become a supported combination?
    - are there any plans to allow mailbox users to be able to login to the control panel, so they can change mail filter rules?

Justin

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

We have not switched. The default POP3 and IMAP Server in ISPCOnfig 2 and is is dovecot.

Yes, in a leter version.

It is not planned yet. Maybe in a later version.