ISPConfig 3, MailUser Interface Revisited!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ghall, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ghall

ghall Member

Hi,

I have installed ISPConfig 3 on an Ubuntu 10.10 server via the HowToForge tutorial and everything looks good.

Ok I have to ask this since it seems to be the flourescent elephant in the room...

In ISPConfig2 you were able to login directly to ISPConfig via a mailuser interface /mailuser/login/index.php and were able to manage your e-mail settings e.g. password, autoresponder, forwarder, spamfilter and language.

Why on Gia's green earth does ISPConfig 3 NOT have this feature?! This just baffles the stew out of me... This actually would make this whole topic moot if it was included.

Apparently (following the forums) I need to setup the addon that lets users change their own passwords within webmail either Squirrelmail or Roundcube. I have read every howto on the subject and have tried to get the link/tab to work in the Options menu on Squirrelmail but all I seem to get is a link called acc_acc. It just doesn't look right at all. It seems that newer versions of ISPConfig and Squirrelmail sort of broke the addon since it is pretty old.

If I can get it to work in Squirrelmail I could move forward with this department e-mail project but this is simply a show stopper for me.

I wish to use this forum thread to streamline this procedure and make it actually understandable for n00bs to accomplish.

I think I am stuck at the
    Code:
    chown -R ???:??? ispconfig3
    part. I put
    Code:
    chown -R www-data:ispconfig ispconfig3

and am still not quite sure what user needs ownership of this folder...

I found in the forums that an admin had three webmail clients running (not sure if users were able to change passwords) here: http://bytemenetworking.com/webmail/

I would like to see instructions on how this was done since all I found so far was how to replace squirrelmail with roundcube.

Can someone at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In ISPConfig 3, the mailuser interface is part of the webmail clients. It supports roundcube nad squirrelmail, while the roundcube plugin seems to be more complete. The mailuser plugins have their thread here.

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38437

If you ask your questions in this thread, they will be recognized by the developers of these plugins as I'ma not sure if they are readin all new posts in the forums.