Ispconfig 3 mirror

Discussion in 'General' started by ihamouda, Dec 17, 2010.

1. ihamouda

ihamouda New Member

Hi there
    I followed the Mirroring guide in the manual to the letter.
    Everything is working from the first server (after having to reset the first server password from /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php) to be able to login to web interface.
    I don't know why the installation of the second server changes this.

Added a mail domain and an email user.
    This user is not reflected or added to dbispconfig2 (second server database).
    isn't that the main idea behind mirroring?
    What am I missing here?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is most likely a configuration problem of the mysql database permissions on the first server which prevents the access of the second server to the first server.

Please open the file /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php on the second server and try to login with the login details that you find in that file to the local and the master server.

3. ihamouda

ihamouda New Member

The problem

Thanks Till for getting back to me.

I figured it out.

When the second server is installed, it changes the ispconfig database user password.

as the mysql database is on the shared storage, this is reflected on both servers.

Now the password for the master server is wrong.

I think the install.php should find a way of updating /usr/local/ispconfig/server/config.inc.php with the new password for the ispconfig user, or create another user (let's say ispconfig1) for the second server.

Thanks anyway for taking the time to respond