ISPconfig 3 mulitserver setup.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pjanzen, Jun 28, 2011.

1. pjanzen

pjanzen New Member

Hi All,

I am currently testing ISPConfig 3 and it looks promising however in a multi server setup I noticed that you have to change the config.inc.php to point both database connections to dbispconfig (default name). I initialy setup the second server on it own database (dbispconfig_ns1) but that will cause all bind related update stay in the jobqueue, once I pointed the database and the master database setup to the master only things started working as expected.

Hope this helps others too.

Paul

<quote>
    *** snip ***

//** Database
    $conf['db_type'] = 'mysql';
    $conf['db_host'] = 'xxx.xxx.xxx';
    $conf['db_database'] = 'dbispconfig'; //** this was dbispconfig_ns1
    $conf['db_user'] = 'ispconfig';
    $conf['db_password'] = 'xxxxxxx';
    $conf['db_charset'] = 'utf8'; // same charset as html-charset - (HTML --> MYSQL: "utf-8" --> "utf8", "iso-8859-1" --> "latin1")

*** more snip ****

//** Database settings for the master DB. This setting is only used in multiserver setups
    $conf['dbmaster_type'] = 'mysql';
    $conf['dbmaster_host'] = 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx';
    $conf['dbmaster_database'] = 'dbispconfig';
    $conf['dbmaster_user'] = 'ispconfig';
    $conf['dbmaster_password'] = 'xxxxxxx';

*** more snip ****
    </quote>

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ispconfig databases should have different names, so your problem is not related to the use of two different databases.

1) Which tutorial did you use to install the servers?
    2) Which ISPConfig version did you install?
    3) Did you really enter the hostname of the mysql database servers as the tutorial instrucated por did you use an IP address (which will cause the setup to fail)?

3. pjanzen

pjanzen New Member

Hi Till,

I mainly used this tut http://www.howtoforge.com/installin...ase-servers-on-debian-5.0-with-ispconfig-3-p3 but when you get to:
    MySQL database to create [dbispconfig]: <-- dbispconfig
    and continue you get a error that says that there are already tables there. thats where I put dbispconfig_ns1 to get around this problem.

ISP version is 3.0.3.3

I do have fat fingers sometimes but yeah I am pretty sure or it would expect the error "Cannot connect to host: ...."

It is not I need help, I just posted this to help and inform other that might run into the same problem.

Paul

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you installed the system wrong by using a central database for all nodes which is not supported by ISPConfig as it introduces a single point of failure.

It is required that every node has its own sql server. The sql server is used to synchronize the configuration. So you have to enter "localhost" as mysql server name like the guide tells you and install mysql on all nodes of that multiserver setup and then reinstall the slave node.

5. pjanzen

pjanzen New Member

I'll have test with your suggestion

Thnx