ispconfig 3 multiple mail servers

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lifeisboost, May 4, 2010.

1. lifeisboost

lifeisboost New Member

Hello everyone, I just setup a multi server setup everything works great except an SSL bug and an email issue i see. I have 3 mail servers setup and mirrored from the master ispconfig3 server. everything is mirrored but only 1 issue. I have the mail servers setup with heartbeat and fail over so if 1 goes down the other server assumes the network info and keeps on going. the only issue i see is that the domains and accounts are stored in the server and associated with a server ID for which they are supposed to be on lets say server_id 1. Postfix has a statement to only allow email to be accepted if that server ID matches the one in the config file as in

Code:
    additional_conditions = and active = 'y' and server_id = 5
    so with that line if server 1 goes down and 5 fails over 5 will now bounce email with relay access denied.

and it looks like once you associate an email domain to a server you cannot change it as it is grayed out. does this mean i have to either manually change the server ID field in mysql or do i need to remove the conditional statement from every server?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please remove the server_id part from the conditional statement so that it looks like this:

additional_conditions = and active = 'y'

from all mysql queries in the ... mysql.cnf files in the postfix directory and the courier or dovecot config file. I've added this to the bugtracker.