ISPConfig 3 not creating clients directory or setting up virtualhosts

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Keeper, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Keeper

Keeper New Member

Past five days I've been using ISPConfig3 on a virtualbox server without major problems. This included many OS reinstalls (Debian&Ubuntu) and this problem never happened.

On production server when I create a new client, website and ftp-account, ISPConfig3 does not create /var/www/clients/ directory at all. Which means /clientX/webX directories don't appear either. Then I checked /etc/apache2/sites-available, ISPConfig3 has not created virtualhosts either.

I tried uninstall.php script and reinstalled ISPConfig3, didn't help. What's wrong and how I can fix this? I need to fix this ASAP as I have a deadline. Help, please.

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at the jobqueue in the monitor.

Also which exact ISPConfig version do you use?

3. Keeper

Keeper New Member

ISPConfig 3.0.1.3, also tried .4 beta.

Looks like all the actions are still in the queue.

4. Keeper

Keeper New Member

In fact I noticed that monitor shows no data whatseover on the server, no cpu info, raid state, server load, disk usage, memory usage, services or any of the logs. This is probably related.
    What exactly is wrong here?

5. Keeper

Keeper New Member

I've found out what caused the problem! See this bug report: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shadow/+bug/238755

Seems to be fixed now. :D

Edit: In other words, cron was bugging out because root wasn't working due to a bug in Debian/Ubuntu.
    sudo passwd --unlock root
    sudo usermod --lock root
    fixes the problem and cron works again.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. jackyja

jackyja New Member

it happened the same to me, so i did what you say:
    sudo passwd --unlock root
    sudo usermod --lock root
    But now i try to login as root and i don't get. How can i recover from that? How can i unlock?
    Thanks in advance.