ISPConfig 3 - Subdomain Setup Help

Discussion in 'General' started by Kayumimon9000, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Kayumimon9000

Kayumimon9000 New Member

Hello,

I want to point out that I've read many threads on this for the past 2 hours and even E-Mailed my Dedicated Server Provider about this but it seems nothing works and nobody is able to help me out.

My problem is probably very simple, I want to create a subdomain for a website on ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p1 and this is what I have done so far (besides a lot of other things that I have tried of course, this is just the current status):

I added the main website:
    [​IMG]
    The main website now displays the "Welcome to your website!" html.

After that I added the subdomain:
    [​IMG]
    And finally, I added DNS Zone for the Subdomain:
    [​IMG]

I can't make it work for some reason, I really hope I can get some help with this, thank you. :)

Thanks in advance,
    Kayu

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The dns zne is wrong. A subdomain is normally declared inside the dns zone of the domain as A-record. So you dont add a new zone for it.

4. Kayumimon9000

Kayumimon9000 New Member

Hey. Thanks for the replies. I am still a little bit confused, which one of these 3 is correct (if any)?

[​IMG]

EDIT: The subdomain still doesn't work at this point by the way.

Thanks in advance,
    Kayu

5. till

Numer 1 and 3 are correct. Delete number 2 and 3. If you add duplicates records, then bind ma reject the zone so that it wont work. Chnages in dns may take up to 24 hours to propagate, so dont expect that it will work immediately if you add or change a dns setting.

6. Kayumimon9000

Kayumimon9000 New Member

Just to make sure, by deleting number 2 and 3 you mean the ones inside the red box right? I just delete them. Thank you so much for the help. I'll report back if its working after the 24h.

Cheers,
    Kayu

7. till

Yes, the ones in the red box.

you can also check your server upfront of the 24h by using this command on the shell of your server:

dig @localhost subdomain.domain.com