ISPConfig 3 - Subdomains not working

Discussion in 'General' started by Eolo2000, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Eolo2000

Eolo2000 New Member

Hi mates,

I config a domain.com in ispconfig 3.0.5.4p5 and is working good. I can access it without any problem.
    Then I created a subdomain test.domain.com but when I try to access it, I get the error "Server not found".
    This is what I did to create the subdomain:

1. ‘Sites’ ==> ‘Add new website’ (Subdomain added)
    2. CNAME record

Note: ispconfig is creating the webspace for the subdomain I checked with Filezilla.

The VHOST is showing this:

apps.vhost
    domain.com.vhost
    default-ssl
    test.domain.com.vhost
    ispconfig.conf
    ispconfig .vhost

Thanks in advance!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Server not found means that the subdomain does not exist in dns. either you did not wait long enough so that the dns changes were not active yet (can take up to 24 hours) or you added the cname on a dns server that is not authoritive for the domain or there is a typo or similar error in the cname record.

3. Eolo2000

Eolo2000 New Member

Hi Till,
    Thanks for answer, but still having problem
    1. Server not found means that the subdomain does not exist in dns.????? Must I create a new DNS zone for the subdomain?

2. The domain is active for more than 2 years and changes for subdomain are over 48 hrs long.
    3. I checked again and the cname was created over the correct domain., no typo found.

Hostname: test
    Target Hostname: domain.com. (including dot)
    TTL: 86400
    Active: checked

Any additional suggestion?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. You have to create a A-Record or CNAME record for this subdomain in the zone of the domain.