ISPConfig 3 + varnish + apache how to?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Niubbo75, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

Good morning to all of you, I'm new to this platform but I follow tips &tricks on your pages.

This is the question, I have installed ISPConfig 3 on a CentOS 6.5 x86_64 server and all work well but I have also varnish, so I have change ISPConfig default port from 8080 to 8181 because on 8080 I have Apache listening there, on port 80 I have varnish, it work but when I add a new website via ISPConfig, ###-$website.vhost is configured to listen on port 80 and then I don't have the correct configuration to have website works. I have then manually change directives, website were displayed in the right way but after some hours they stop working because (I think) ISPConfig check configuration and restore to the default, so how can I change ISPConfig settings to have vhost configured to listen on port 8080?

Waiting for your help, I'm sorry for my poor english, hoping all is clear explained.

Thanks in advance, Alessandro.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Niubbo75

Niubbo75 Member

Thanks Till!
    I've also copy apache_ispconfig.conf.master into conf-custom and changed there the default apache port.
    Seems it work now! Thankyou very much!

4. zems91

zems91 New Member

hello,
    Can you please provide me the steps by steps for installing varnish on ISCONFIG? thank you

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Varnish (or any dual web servers in one server) is not supported on ISPConfig server by default. You will have to customize your server for it to work. One way mentioned above is via customizing apache2 port in default apache2 vhost by copying it to conf-custom in an ISPConfig apache2 web server. Note that for varnish you'll need to create your own plugin or manually create vhost for each web sites. Overall, it is never advisable nor recommended.