ispconfig 3: website pointing

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Mentor, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Mentor

Mentor New Member

Hi:

I have met a strange bug that I am trying to understand.

If I add one client and a site - DNS elsewhere - I point to a the client?/web?/web/index.html file and I can change it and do stuff with it.

When I add another client and website it points to the same index file and I don't seem able to change it.

DNS is managed on an independent box, and is pointing to the base IP of the server - the websites are all affiliated with the base IP of the server when they are created. The FTP side of things is fine - separate websites are in separate folders.

So question is: What's going on? If you can assist I would be grateful, thank you.

Regards,

Mentor.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The places of sites in filesystem have nothing to do with dns. You can not point something to a folder in a dns record, so I guess you mix there something up. DNS records point to an IP address. I'am pretty sure that the website setup is working properly as I tested it yesterday in RC2.

I'am sure that it does not point to the same file. The file might look similar as every new site gets a default file but it is not the same.

3. Mentor

Mentor New Member

Hi Till:

I made some changes to the index.html on the first site in the client?/we?/web folder deliberately to exclude the possibility that there was problem entering in there. Anyway, as I added a second site, I noticed that the file being displayed was the same - I will re-install ISPconfig because it is quick easy and simple at the this point - there is nothing on the server and see again.

Incidentally, to rule out any other possible bugs at a layer-1 level, I am using a Dell PE R200 with dual 160GB SATA drives configured for RAID 1, 2GB's RAM and quad-core XEON. I am running Fedora 9 fully updated. Let me know if you think that there may be any problems with this, thank you.

Kind regards,

Mentor

4. Mentor

Mentor New Member

Hi:

I have reinstalled ISPConfig 3 completely - ran uninstall -q uninstall.php and then reinstalled.

The result is the same as before - add one site and the system is happy - I modify the index.html file in the /var/clients/client?/web?/web folder as a check. Add second site and it reflects exactly the same file?

I am sure that this is not the way it is meant to be? Please could someone confirm, thank you.

Kind regards,

Mentor:confused:

5. Mentor

Mentor New Member

Hi:

We picked up an error at the end of the installation after re-installation that we think is relevant to our issue. Please could you take a look and assist, thank you:

Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/domainname.tld/web] does not exist
    httpd: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for hostname.com
    httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
    [Thu Feb 26 21:08:27 2009] [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 80, the first has precedence

I would be really grateful if you could help - :)

Kind regards,

Mentor

6. Mentor

Mentor New Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'am not able to conform this, works fine for me. Which linux distribution do you use.

8. reason8

reason8 Member

This is the same error I am getting and the same problem I am having with multiple websites referencing to a previous website creation. The only difference is, I am not getting the error after install. I am getting the error after restarting apache2. I am running OpenSuSe 11.1 with ISPConfig 3