ISPConfig 3 + WHMCS integration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by griffe, Oct 14, 2010.

1. griffe

griffe New Member

Hello,

Has anyone sucessfully integrated ISPConfig 3 and WHMCS? I have seen lots of chatter but no headway?

I heard that ISPConfig 2.0 had no real API support...

Does ISPConfig 3 have good API support?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 2 and 3 have both full api support.

We had contact with whmcs about supporting ispconfig but they dont seem to be interested. So we decided to build a billing system for ispconfig to not depend on whmcs for the future. The ispconfig billing addon will be released in a few weeks.

Aivaras likes this.
  3. itanium

itanium Member

Sometimes you can have an answer like:

"sorry but the api of ispconfig is incomplete for create a good module for this billing system"

The API of ispconfig in the svn is more complete and with the future billing addon i think it will be perfect.

@Till: The billing can be integrated with a website for purchase?

4. till

If one of these poeple would have contacted us or reported to the bugtracker or dev forum that they miss a specific function to implement billing, then we would have implemented that. But nobody contacted us.

I know of a company that implemented a billing solution for their internal use with the ispconfig 2 api successfully a few years ago, so the api must have been ok for that for years.

The billing module is connected to the other components of ispconfig by events. So if you use the ispconfig API from within your website to e.g. create a client with the client template a, then this will also create the billing record that is connected to that client template. Additionally, there will be a billing api to create these billing items by api calls as well.

5. griffe

griffe New Member

As a WHMCS customer we need this...

I'll see if I can push it on their end.

Will be looking out for your new billing addon.

6. andromedacocq

andromedacocq New Member

Please! it would be great to have a billing module.
    I'll wait for it :D

7. Germanius

Germanius Member

I'm highly interested in a bridge between WHMCS and Ispconfig, too.
    WHMCS is still the best billig software. I dont think that the Ispconfig billing addon is a matching alternative. If you used WHMCS once, you will see that.

8. DKLeader

DKLeader Member

Germanius - must agree.
    I am already using WHMCS for my game hosting and it would be great to have the option to use WHMCS for ISPConfig.

9. andromedacocq

andromedacocq New Member

is there any beta or alpha version of the billing module already?

10. till

The billing module is in use at our company for a few months now to test it and we will make a first beta for external testers available soon.

11. klavs

klavs New Member

sounds great

That sounds great - I was considering having a look at freeside - but I would love to test out such a module - as my needs are rather basic (quarterly billing, by emailing PDF invoices - and then I'll write a sync script which creates the invoices in my billing system, SQLLedger - I already have this for a Drupal webshop I have).

12. andromedacocq

andromedacocq New Member

any news about this? :)
    It would be really helpful

13. andromedacocq

andromedacocq New Member

ping?

any?

sorry :D

14. DKLeader

DKLeader Member

Any news on a billing system or getting whmcs integrated?

// DKLeader

15. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Still working on it...

16. till