Ispconfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by planet_fox, Jun 4, 2007.

1. planet_fox

planet_fox Member HowtoForge Supporter

@ Till I have seen your post with the alpha version. Have you in this version the new design intigrated.

2. yeah, I just installed the alpha. Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

I *just* got it installed... haven't played with it yet. Wish I had another spare server to make a cluster!! (!!!!!!)

So far, it looks great. I'll add some users and domains, and see how it goes.

:D

Thanks Till! (I'd post in the development forum... but I guess I'm too nooby for that)

3. planet_fox

How do you install ISP3 , you install on new debian system ?

4. I followed the instructions here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13173 (the release thread)

Yes, new debian etch system. I downloaded the netinstall CD... its only 150mb or so, and took about 5 minutes to d/l. Then I just popped in the CD, and followed the instructions.

apt-get was kinda messed up, so I had to change its sources.list file to the default way it looks if you do a normal debian install. Google will find that for you.

ISPConfig install is so much faster and easier now! :eek: Took me only 5 or so minutes from downloading the actual ISPConfig package to installation finish.

5. planet_fox

I think I do install on virtualbox

6. Till said it only supports Debian.

But I don't have any experience with virtual stuff... so...

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I will upload a vmware image too so everyone without a spare test server can have a look at ISPConfig3. The vmware image can be used with vmware server or player on windows and linux.

But the image is 450 MB large and my upload bandwidth here at home is not so fast :( So it will take some time until it is fully uploaded.

8. planet_fox

yes I have read , i think is the same when install on vmware or other virtual software

9. till

Sure, it does not matter if you use vmware or virtualbox.

That depends on how you define new. It is still my development theme that I used the last months.

10. planet_fox

@ till ah ok I think this is the new theme, the new theme is in development already and not finish

11. planet_fox

My Friend use vhcs and i have see the demo from RC for the new VHCS Omega . I have not many new
    features see, only new design.

The Problem is the developer was break and since october it give vhcs omega and vhcs .

I think its no good. It same with mambo and joomla .Nobody talk about mambo today.
    Joomla is only problem bad cummunity.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  12. till

To make a black glossy design for ISPConfig "Vista style ;)" is not a big deal, just change a few files in the themes directory and adjust the style sheet. I will focus on the missing features and will not add new themes now. But everyone who wants to make a new theme is invited to do this. But be aware that ISPConfig is still alpha, so themes might have to adjusted until the final release of ISPConfig 3.

13. kassie

kassie New Member

Hey Till,

Great work on ISP Config 3. You say not to use on production server. Are there a lot of problems on current version?

All i need now is email and website hosting with mysql. Most of our clients run Joomla.

Will this version be stable enough for this, or is it hard to say??

p.s. Looks great

14. Looks like their "Clustered server" feature is really only moving the files to different servers, and making system links. Big deal.

Shouldn't a *real* cluster make use of the other servers' RAM and processor by making it do the work of accessing the database, serving the pages, or stuff like that?

Just seems like they are doing a quick and dirty fix.

15. If they make changes that are big enough, it could break any way to upgrade to the real release, and apply patches and stuff, I'm sure.

I, personally, only want to make a massive change (ISP2 to ISP3) once.

16. till

This is the first alpha release of a completely new software. This means that you shall not use it for production servers and that even possible problems are not known yet. So do not use it yet except for testing.

Also this release has just the mail module, the web module for webpages has not been implemented yet.

17. till

Thats correct. There will be still massive changes. Also I will not release updates for the first alpha versions or patches to update from one alpha version to another as this would slow down the development too much. Of course everyone is free to build these patches, but I do not have the time to do it at the moment as my first goal is to get a final release with all major features implemented.

18. planet_fox

Till means this version is for testing a first version there runs later comes beta
    beta2 and Relaese.

19. kassie

kassie New Member

I will wait then...

Thanks for the great work Till.

20. planet_fox

The Day have 24h when this is not enough takes the night in addition :D