ISPconfig access on different servers in cluster environment

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by manuuu777, Nov 5, 2016.

1. manuuu777

manuuu777 New Member

Hi,

I followed this guide to setup ISPconfig in a cluster environment: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...abase-cluster-on-debian-8.4-with-ispconfig-3/
    Now, everything seems to work as expected, except that I am wondering about if it should be possible to access ISPconfig on the second server as well.
    My initial thought about the whole concept was that in case server 1 goes down, I simply switch the domains to server 2 and keep going like nothing happened.
    Now if I try to access ISPconfig on the slave server, it simply won't open. Is that behavior by design or is it supposed to work?
    If so, where am I supposed to start looking for errors? Would /var/log/apache/error.log be the right place, or does it have a separate vhost that logs errors?

Thanks for your help

2. Thaddeus

Thaddeus New Member

Code:
     Install ISPConfig Web Interface (y,n) [n]: <-- Hit Enter 
    In the guide the Ispconfig web interface is not installed by default on the slave server

3. manuuu777

manuuu777 New Member

Well, bless those who can read. Thanks!
    Is it possible to install it on the slave server without running into issues? Meaning... Should I be able to rerun the installation, simply answering "yes" there?

4. NdK

NdK Member

IIRC, no. At least not with early 3.0 releases.
    IIRC, there would be issues when creating new sites/users on the slave (IDs not seen by the master). That's one of the most noticeable features missing.
    Another problem is if you want a separate Galera cluster: ISPC requires a MySQL answering on localhost :( (bug/missing feature). And with a multi-master cluster you need some way to balance the load... So it becomes a real can of worms :)