ISPConfig and Godaddy

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Rocky, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Rocky

Rocky Member

I currently have 2 names registered with Godaddy:
    tech4you.org
    tech4you.net

I am using freedns.afraid.org as my dns server because I have a dynamic ip address. I used ns1.afraid.org and ns2.afraid.org for my nameservers. I then create the following A records at freedns.afraid.org:
    linux.tech4you.org
    tech4you.org
    www.tech4you.org

I have a client on my windows pc that updates freedns.afraid.org's nameservers with my ip when it changes.

I just finished installing ISPConfig 2.6 from the bottom up and its working fine. I can reach the control panel from the internet.

I would like to host websites on this server and would also like create the dns entries for those websites without the additional steps of having to create them at freedns.afraid.org. I am aware of Falko's guide but not too sure if that tutorial would work for me.

Is there a way for me to have my own nameserver eg. ns1.tech4you.org or ns1.tech4you.net?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You could use CNAME records for your domains, i.e. you let your domains point to linux.tech4you.org, for example. But be aware that you cannot use CNAME records for creating MX records!