ISPConfig and multiple servers

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by flashingcurser, Sep 17, 2007.

1. flashingcurser

flashingcurser New Member

I want to thank everyone who puts together these wonderful howtos. Bravo for your hard work.

We do charitable hosting for local non-profits here in Billings Mt. We are also a charity that gives refurbished computers to underprivileged children, we host our own pages too. I have used some of the howtos here and have been very pleased with the fast, consistent results.

One of the charities we will soon host, their IT guy is used to a control panel to configure his options regarding mail, dns, and so forth. This naturally leads me to ispconfig.

My architecture is a little strange. I have an ultra high availability machine for mysql (multiple redundant procs, raid 1 with spares, and so forth). 2 separate machines that handle primary & secondary dns, primary & secondary mx.
    One machine that handles Openvz vps's for web servers and mild ftp. One router with lots of port-forwarding/alias-port ninjitsu, and 12 world routable IP's.

Question, is it possible to host ispconfig on a openvz vps and use it to control other servers in my dmz? Is this possible in "expert" mode for installation?

Thanks

dan

2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 2 does not support multiple servers.
    ISPConfig version 3, will support multiple servers, but is still under heavy developent.

3. flashingcurser

flashingcurser New Member

Thank you. This is good news, I can probably hold them off for a bit. Is the e.t.a. is a moving target at this point?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

There's no release date yet (will take a few months), but it's under heavy development. :)

5. TexasTaz

TexasTaz New Member

Re: Release Date for Version 3

Well a couple of months (September to exact) you said it would be a few months before ISPConfig 3 would be released how close are we now?

Thanks,

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Can't tell you the exact date yet...