ISPConfig APS installer/ Billing

Discussion in 'General' started by Karnith, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Karnith

Karnith New Member

Hi All, Hopefully this isn't a sin, but I have tried both ISPConfig 2&3 along with SYSCP.

First impressions are:

ISPCONFIG is easy to configure and setup everything working stable, SYSCP was/is a bit more difficult as the documentation is from 2005 and has not been updated since. Use of the forum is the only way to piece all the info together to get a semi-working system (I say semi because even then not all the systems configuration were present in the forum and luckly I know German because most of the answers are in the German forums.

SYSCP does have a bit of the eye candy though and the best features would be the APS installer and billing system (although could use a bit more modification from what I've read). I haven't tried the ticketing system yet.

So, my question is:

With both programs having something I want, would it be possible to port the APS and billing system to ISPCONFIG (as I said, I was able to configure it first time instead of 4 times installing with SYSCP) ?

I have begun tinkering with the php files and modules seeing if I could do it. Would anyone have any objection to this? or maybe want to help?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats very unlikely. It is much esaier to write a billing module and aps module for ispconfig then porting code from syscp. A developer with php skills should be able to write a billing module in about a week or two as ISPConfig 3 as a very good RAD framework.