ISPCONFIG as a smarthost/relay host

Discussion in 'General' started by hadizeid, Jan 2, 2024.

1. hadizeid

hadizeid Member

Hello everyone,
    i have 2 servers one ispconfig and one WHM.
    i want to relay all emails of WHM through ispconfig smtp.
    Is it possible?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ISPConfig has documentation on sending e-mail from ISPConfig system via a relay host. But I do not remember doing this the other way round.
    Have you tried reading ISPConfig Manual?
    I guess it is possible, you set up sending to relay on WHM the usual way, then configure ISPConfig system to accept the e-mails and send them out, but it may be ISPConfig panel has no support for setting this up, it would need to be done manually.

hadizeid likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The easiest way is to add the IP address of the WHM server in the mynetworks line in /etc/postfix/main.cf on the ISPConfig server. Then you must configure the WHM server to use the ISPConfig system as relay host.

ahrasis and hadizeid like this.
  4. hadizeid

hadizeid Member

Thanks gentlemen,
    @till that's what i did, but while searching online i read somewhere
    so i thought was missing something.
    Thanks all

5. RogerMialkowski

RogerMialkowski New Member

Hello, I was looking through the documentation (3.1 purchased PDF file) and did a search for smarthost but nothing comes up. I have an on-prem SMEServer that I would like to use my ISPConfig server as its smarthost.
    Thanks,
    Roger

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you want the ISPConfig system to use a relay host, see System > server config > mail, relay host settings.
    If you want another host to send trough ISPConfig, then you either create a mailbox in ISPConfig and use the login details of that mailbox on the other server to authenticate for email sending. Or, if you want to use the ISPConfig server to relay emails without requiring authentication, then all you have to do is to add the IP of the other server in the mynetworks line in postfix main.cf file and restart postfix.

7. RogerMialkowski

RogerMialkowski New Member

OK, so no config within the ISPConfig GUI, just enter the IP into postfix's main.cf. Understood. Thanks!