Ispconfig auto server install and phpmyadmin errors

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by zapyahoo, Aug 9, 2022.

1. zapyahoo

zapyahoo Member

Hope you all are doing well.
    I just did an auto ispconfig install on a Debian 11 machine using https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/
    Everything worked except the phpmyadmin version that is causing a few issues:
    Code:
     in ./libraries/classes/Display/Results.php#1224
    Trying to access array offset on value of type bool
    Debian 11 php -v
    PHP 7.4.30 (cli) (built: Jun 27 2022 08:14:10) ( NTS )
    Copyright (c) The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.4.30, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

Client Website selected php version 7.4

Current phpmyadmin Version information: 4.9.0.1, latest stable version: 5.2.0

Will the next ispconfig update fix the issue or do I need to update manually phpmyadmin (if so what's the best method?)
    Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. zapyahoo

zapyahoo Member

Thanks Till. Nice tool.

4. Oazis

Oazis Member

Till, if ISPconfig 3 is installed with NGINX, tell me where "Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin" is configured? need to change the link..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  5. till

If you are using apache, then there is a phpmyadmin config file in the apache conf.d folder.

6. Oazis

Oazis Member

No, I'm using NGINX.

7. till

There are no Aliases in Nginx as Nginx does not support such aliases, so your question does not apply to your server setup. Plus you hijacked an unrelated thread of another user for your question.

8. Oazis

Oazis Member

I was attracted by the title of this post: "Ispconfig auto server install and phpmyadmin errors" since installing ISPconfig with Nginx does not open "phpmyadmin", gives an error message - 404 Not Found
    Thought it was the same problem as mine.

9. till

This thread is completely unrelated, it is about a temp dir message within phpmyadmin and not about which URL to use to access phpmyadmin on Nginx systems.

Regarding your question: phpmyadmin on Nginx systems is accessible through the apps vhost, which means:

https://yourserver.tld:8081/phpmyadmin

and for nginx you must set this URL also under System > Interface > main config in the phpmyadmin link field.

10. Oazis

Oazis Member

Thank you for your help!