ispconfig backup cron

Discussion in 'General' started by poisen, Apr 13, 2007.

1. poisen

poisen New Member

Hello everybody,

I got a short question. I am running ISPConfig on my Server, now I want a backup generated every day of all the web, user and mysql data on the server, just like you can generate it by using tools - backup manager - backup in the ispconfig config menu. How can I do that?

What I know is that the backup is saved as a *.zip flle, which is okay for me. I just want to be able to backup all that and be able to save it to another location on the server.

I'd be thankful for some help.

Eddie

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not do it with this tool as it requires that you are logged into the interface.

For such a automatic backup, you will either have to use the cron backup function which can be activated in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php, this function creates a backup of every site in the "backup" directory of the site every night. Or you will have to write your own backup script.

3. poisen

poisen New Member

Hi Till,

is it possible to import the backup file, that is saved in the backup directory of each website, in ispconfig again?

4. till

That is just a .zip file, you sould be able to unpack it with every zip program on linux and windows.

5. poisen

poisen New Member

okay, now how about this. I have another server running ISPConfig, same version, same setup. The reason why I am asking is in case one of those 2 servers should die, I want to have all the data and websites running as soon as possible on the second server, that's why I had the question about the backup.

Do you have any idea how I can handle this the best? I don't want to setup all the ISPConfig Customers and Webs again on the second server and then upload every single website and database stuff, because that takes forever. So I thought there might be a possibility to create a backup of all the files on one server, save these to a archive and afterwards just unzip this archive and place it on the second server, but that probably doesn't work that way.

6. guardian

guardian Member

7. poisen

poisen New Member

8. till

You dont have to stop apache and postfix, it is just more secure to stop them.