Ispconfig Backup Function

Discussion in 'General' started by Trimilur, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Trimilur

Trimilur Member

Hi,

i have a problem with the backup function in ISPCONFIG 3.2.x Since a few weeks i do get the following error:
    Same with 3.2.2 and 3.2.3

Failed to make backup of database c11**, because mysqldump failed.

And also

Backup of web files for domain **.de failed using path /var/www/clients/client11/web19 failed.

I do get these errors actually for some Websspaces and databases so not only one. On the other hand some seem to work as well. If I manually start these backups with mysqldump -u root -p databasename > dumpfile.sql everything works fine.

I am using a mount script for an external backup space

#!/bin/bash
    mount.cifs -o seal,user=***,pass=*** //**.***/backup /mnt/backup-server
    which is actually (or at least was) wortking very well and if I execute it manually everything is mounted correctly. As I also said some backups are created correctly but most arent. My best guess is now: Is there a limittation of the maximal backup amount, cause i am also backuping a 112GB Webspace and after this one it looks like that the backup process fails with the error shown above.

the 112gb backup takes around 4h after that i do get the error messages above

Debian 10
    Ispconfig 3.2.4

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Several backup has been solved in 3.2.1, 3.2.2, and 3.2.3. Please update to the latest release.

3. Trimilur

Trimilur Member

i updated the post its the same error with 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 currently i am on 3.2.4

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The size could be a problem, maybe there is not enough space free to make the back up?

Trimilur likes this.
  5. Trimilur

Trimilur Member

Correct the external backup storage space was actually not really full but the remaining space was occupied by automatic snapshots.. Thx ;)