IspConfig Backups and Database lost. What's next ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Tom Dings, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Tom Dings

Tom Dings New Member

Dear all,
    I am wondering how users of IspConfig3 restoring configuration / ispconfig database information if all - ispconfig configuration - data is somehow completely removed from the database and configuration file locations. All what's left are the directories with the content of the websites and the databases which are belonging to those websites. Personally I am storing all content and database data on multiple servers - just in case -. But what to do when there are no backups anymore.

For now I do have a solution which works perfectly in my situation. How are you solving these issues if I may ask ? Are there any scripts / tools available to rebuild data / configurations ?

Thanks for your time and I am really curious about the possible solutions - if there are any.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can't do a full restore when you lost the database. It might be possible to partially import some things with scripts in such a case, but some of the data exists in the database only, so take care to back it up :)