ispconfig breaks php5 in apache ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Randy, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Randy

Randy New Member

Dear all,
    Please advise me on the following. I've reinstalled my system several times now, but now I'm certain that if I install my debian according to the "perfect setup" howto, and I install apache2 according to "Running Apache2 With PHP5 And PHP4 At The Same Time" howto, that the installation of ispconfig breaks php5.
    The following mesage appears in my error.log of apache "PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20050922/ming.so' - libming.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0" .
    I've googled it but I haven't found any answer to this problem. Should I only run ispconfig with php4 or can anybody help me to solve this thing, because I would like to be able to serve both php4 and php5 on my servers.

ls -la /usr/lib/php5/20050922/ming.so gives me:
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 98608 2006-08-31 17:19 /usr/lib/php5/20050922/ming.so

whereis libming.so gives me:
    libming:
    But I cannot find it ....anywhere

Please help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Greetings,
    Randy

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig works fine with php4 and php4, this problem is not realted to ISPConfig.

Please comment out the ming extension in your php.ini file in /etc/php5/apache...

3. Randy

Randy New Member

Hi Till,
    After some reading I discovered what the issue is. If I setup apache with php4 and php5 , as described, the php4 is installed as a cgi,....which according to your docs is not wanted by ispconfig. The php5 (as a module) works. So.. my mistake. Thanks, for your answer, and goodwill.
    Greetings,
    Randy