Ispconfig cache?

Discussion in 'General' started by grungy, Jun 10, 2010.

1. grungy

grungy Member

I have a server that runs ispconfig 3 - latest version but it was upgraded from when ispconfig was still unstable. Now I have some strange problems that occur only on this server. The other servers that were not upgraded from an unstable ispconfig versions do not have these problems.

Problems are with config files...some apache stuff still gets generated from the old config files and I can not find those fles in /usr/local/ispconfig

this is weird...where should I look...is there some cache?

2. vogelor

vogelor New Member

The master of the vhost.conf - file is located at
    usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf
    or
    usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom

hope, this helps

3. grungy

grungy Member

I know about those files, they are correct but I guess there is some kind of caching. I just realized if you change the disk size for a domain about 20 times in a row the old config files get reloaded. Now all work fine and ispconfig accepts new apache template files.

4. grungy

grungy Member

I had to manually edit the conf file, run /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh several times and play with ispconfig in order for ispconfig to recognize the new config files.

strange...

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no caching implemented in ISPConfig.

6. grungy

grungy Member

I figured out what was the problem. For some reason, after you upgrade to a newer version of ispconfig, the apache vhost file for domains will not be upgraded based on new apache vhost template files that ship with new ispconfig version. To get the apache vhost config files updated I had to disable PHP for each domain, run /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh manually then enable php in ispconfig for each domain and run /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh again. This worked for most of the domains, not for all.

Is there a better way to force ispconfig to regenerate apache vhosts for all domains?

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Running server.sh manually is not nescessary as this script is run automatically once a minute. Just change any value in the website settings and click save to regenerate the vhost file.

8. grungy

grungy Member

If you are having similar problems like me, the best way is to force ispconfig to create the apache config file from scratch, is by disabling PHP from ispconfig, then removing the vhost by hand and enabling PHP from ispconfig.