ISPConfig cannot login to roundcube.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by JULINT, Jul 30, 2021.

1. JULINT

JULINT Member

Hi ,
    I have tried to search similar issue on login failed on roundcube.
    But i cannot find any solution. Please help me.
    Based on another thread, i have got error from mail.log

Jul 30 14:57:04 localhost dovecot: auth-worker(2536610): Error: sql([email protected]): User query failed: Connection was killed
    Jul 30 14:57:04 localhost dovecot: lda([email protected])<2748482><>: Error: auth-master: userdb lookup([email protected]): Auth USER lookup failed
    Jul 30 14:57:04 localhost dovecot: lda: Fatal: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

But i dont know how to fix this.

Please help me

2. JULINT

JULINT Member

Here is the attached mail log and mail err

Attached Files:

3. JULINT

JULINT Member

I have login to mysql database roundcube and i cannot find ****@greenclubgolf.com on table users.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's perfectly fine as the roundcube database is not used by roundcube for any logins. Roundcube authenticates itself via IMAP against the email account that you created in ISPConfig.

5. JULINT

JULINT Member

Hi Till,
    Would you like to provide me step by step how to solve it or any link/thread for fixing it ?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you added the user as a mailbox / mail user in ISPConfig already?

7. JULINT

JULINT Member

Yes, it has been added.

Attached Files:

8. JULINT

JULINT Member

Any idea how to solve this issue ?

Please help

9. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

10. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All the db connection errors in your log point to a definite db related issue. You might try repairing all db tables, and rerun the ispconfig installer letting it reconfigure services, and ensure you don't have any outdated conf-custom templates.

Beyond that will probably require more info, eg. what OS is this? What version of mariadb? What happened leading up to this problem? Is this a new install or one that has been running some time? What version of ISPConfig? What is in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf (obfuscate your password, of course)?