ispconfig - centos 6.5 - add new website error

Discussion in 'General' started by rkl202020, Jan 2, 2015.

1. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

Hello,
    I have just installed a vps with CentOS 6.5 64bit and ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p5, the problem i am facing is, after installation, I had created a website, which got created successfully, but after reboot, when i try to add another website, it fails.

I have reinstalled ISPConfig 3 times, I am following all steps, except I am not adding any DNS / Bind Server.
    Earlier I had installed ISPConfig 3.0.5 on CentOS 7 (12 days earlier) and the same problem started happening few days later.
    I am able to send / receive emails on existing website (Client1), but not for any other clients or websites.

Can you guys please help? Or is it that with the new version support exists only for one website / client?

I checked for logs, but under var/log/ispconfig/

ispconfig.log is zero size

under httpd i just have the log files which belong to my website, those are just access log

2. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

updates -
    ispconfig is not adding folders under /var/www/clients
    i had logged in as ispconfig and tried to create a folder under /var/www/clients, but failed to do so.

i have also checks that there are no domain limits active for any specific clients.

i have created 5 clients and trying to create one domain per client

is this something of linux issue?

3. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

one more thing i have noticed is, when i add a new website, it is pointing to my OLD existing website, its not pointing to default apache page

4. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

ok, i have removed websites from ispconfig, but the domains are still pointing to my old website.

or i assume, the default folder for apache has become my old website (client1)

5. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

I have also removed my first website, in ispconfig, no domains exist, but the client folders are intact, they have not been deleted by ispconfig, and my website is still working

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Off course this must fail as the user ispconfig is not creating such folders. The user ispconfig is just running the web interface, it is not doing any administrative task on the server. Do not try to create any folders manually, this will just mess up your system.

Back to your original problem:

https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/

This post described how to debug an issues when ispconfig stops writing changes to disk.

7. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

i had add the same website again, was able to add it, but when i tried to create a ftp login, it succeeded in creating in ISPConfig, but i was unable to login via FTP.

I removed the ftp login, the website, and the client itself, but the entry for that user still exists in /etc/passwd file.

i had created 4 other clients also, but there entry is not available.

So I Guess, ISPConfig is unable to add users on Linux or is not able to write to /etc/passwd file

8. till

Please do just what is described in the post that i posted. all other things that you do at the moment will not help!

9. till

ftp users are never in the passwd file. please just do what is described in the post.

10. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

hello,

thanks for your help. as per the links you suggested, I noticed that I did not create a CRON job for ISPConfig (I guess that was not described in the tutorial with which I had configured the server or I had missed somehow).

I had created the Cron Job, and I guess ISPConfig is working fine now, atleast it created one website, I will try to add some more websites and check if it does what is should.

Thanks once again for taking time to reply me and ignore my mistakes I had done by not following the steps

Sincerely,

Rajiv

11. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

OK I am stuck again.
    I created the Cron job for the ispconfig server.
    then i added a new client and under that client i created a website.
    the website now points to default ispconfig page.
    but i had also created a ftp user, which is not working, i am unable to login via ftp client.

i checked out cron log - nothing userful there, it says -
    finished.
    finished.
    finished.
    finished.
    finished.
    /usr/bin/fail2ban-client
    /sbin/iptables
    /sbin/ip6tables
    finished.
    finished.

i have disabled iptables and have installed CSF, i have opened the port for ispconfig, apart from general ports, all other ports are closed.

when i execute this line -
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

i just see a message "finished"

No errors 8(

I have also setup the log level in ispconfig to Debug. ISPConfig.log is still Zero size!

12. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

ftp error -
    Command: PASS *************
    Response: 530 Login authentication failed

13. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

nothing in job queue, i tried to set a different password, waited till it got executed, then also same problem

14. till

The cronjob gets created automatically by the ispconfig installer. if it was not there, then it must have been deleted.

I guess you created the server.sh cronjob wrong then. the correct cronjob lines are:

Code:
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 > /dev/null | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    30 00 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh 2>&1 > /dev/null | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    and you are sure that you used the ftp username incl. prefix to login? Take a look at the ftp user list, the name is displayed there incl prefix like you have to enter it in your ftp client.

15. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

i did nothing, it fixed automatically after 10 mins, ftp is now working for me

16. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

i guess pure-ftpd is using some sort of cache

17. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

hello,

I had installed ISPConfig 12 days ago on CentOS 7 and today on CentOS 6.5, on both of the systems, the cron job was NOT created automatically, as I seldom use Cron so no chance of accidentally removing or deleting any entries.

Sincerely,

Rajiv

18. till

I installed a perfect server with centos 7 and ispconfig for a customer 2 days ago. Just checked the crontab on that system and the cronjobs are there, so there is no issue with ispconfig here.

19. rkl202020

rkl202020 New Member

one problem is still there if you can help.

I have just added one website, abc.com, but other domains like bbc.com and abz.com are pointing to the same server, all domains are displaying pages of abc.com, where it should display the default Apache page, can you help to fix it?

rajiv

20. till