Ispconfig Change Ip Address Error

Discussion in 'General' started by zimele, Jun 26, 2007.

1. zimele

zimele New Member

Hi Guys

Listen i have a problem i installled my ISPCofig and it was working fine and then i had to make it accessable on the internet so i gave it a public ip address after following the different steps and changing Addresses on these files

/etc/network/interfaces
    /etc/hosts
    /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf
    /etc/proftpd_ispconfig.conf
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

i cannot access my ispconfig server oh forgot to mention i did not change the ip address on

ISPConfig Management -> Server -> Settings.:(

i was using https://ipaddress:81 now what makes it worse is that when i do a netstat -tap i cannot see port 81 as being listened on

please can you help me sort this one out cause oh forgot to add i can access other web sites that are located on my machine but i just can't access ispconfig

Please help:

2. mlz

mlz Member

After making those changed did you do a /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart?

3. zimele

zimele New Member

ISPConfig change ip stress

yes i did i even went as far as restarting the machine but still no joy is there anything else i can do maybe even forcefully start the 81 port so that it can work there has to be a way out does it make a difference if

ISPConfig Management -> Server -> Settings.

that step is not done i know it was supposed to be done first but it kinda slipped my eyes

Please help

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff