Ispconfig Control panel not showing

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MariusEls1973, Jan 12, 2023.

1. MariusEls1973

MariusEls1973 New Member

Hi,
    I use ubuntu 20.0.4 and have been running the server a while with support for other versions of php and worked 100% until the last update to Linux. Then my control panel stopped working . and although my sites runs fine and they can access mysqli without a problem.

when i run php -q update .php or ispconfig_update.sh --force I get the following errror

Operating System: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS (Focal Fossa)

This application will update ISPConfig 3 on your server.

Shall the script create a ISPConfig backup in /var/backup/ now? (yes,no) [yes]:

Creating backup of "/usr/local/ispconfig" directory...
    Creating backup of "/etc" directory...
    Creating backup of "/root/.acme.sh" directory...
    Creating backup of "/etc/letsencrypt" directory...
    mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when dumping table `monitor_data` at row: 16
    PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/2002): Connection refused in /tmp/update_runner.sh.eVhxexR4RN/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 112
    PHP Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, bool given in /tmp/update_runner.sh.eVhxexR4RN/install/lib/mysql.lib.php on line 113
    Checking ISPConfig database .. mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) when trying to connect

OK
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
    Unable to call mysql command line with credentials from mysql_clientdb.conf

I can however connect to my IspConfig_db by using mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -p .

any Idee what I can do to fix this problem?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As @Taleman mentioned, you have a problem with your MySQL/MariaDB server.

You tested a TCP connect over the network, but the error tells you that the connections over the socket fail. The command to test connections over the socket is:

mysql -u root -p

and you must use the password from /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

4. MariusEls1973

MariusEls1973 New Member

Hi,

I am able to connect to mysql -u root -p and the password in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf are correct.
    All my site is running 100% connecting to mysql this leads me to believe that the problem is somewhere in the config.
    What is strange we have been updating the server and using the server for the past year with no problems and now after the ubuntu updates the control panel stopped working

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the root user record in MariaDB e.g. by using phpmyadmin, maybe the Ubuntu update modified/extended it in a way to limit certain access ways to use it.

ahrasis likes this.