ISPConfig Decisions

Discussion in 'General' started by jon, Aug 20, 2009.

1. jon

jon Member

First I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum ...

I'm looking at moving to ISPConfig, I was thinking about ISPConfig3, but I see it doesn't per-user mail settings (yet, I do see it requested). I see that ISPConfig2 does this.

That being said, I'd like this to be a long-term solution. Will ISPConfig2 be around for a long time now that 3 is out? Will 3 possible add this feature very soon?

ISPConfig3 looks amazing, but per-user mail settings is a must have for me. Any thoughts?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 2 is a fully supported version and will be supported in future.

In ISPConfiug 3, users do this trough their webmail clinet. So no separate login is needed:

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contr...mail-user-in-ispconfig-3-change-his-password/

3. jon

jon Member

Ahh, great news, thank you!

I wonder though, what about the ability for a user to change their auto-responder, is there a plugin for ISPConfig3 to do that via the webmail client too?

Also is there plans for users to have the ability to change spam settings somewhere as well?

Thanks for the amazing programs!

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Normally the spam settings should be set by the admin. But if somone wants to write a plugin for a webamil client for that, why not.

5. jon

jon Member

ok, that makes sense. But what about auto-responder?

6. jon

jon Member