ISPconfig donation banner on ISPconfig upon logon

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by KoS, Oct 24, 2017.

1. KoS

KoS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Why do I get out-of-nowhere this message upon logging into my ISPconfig? What other "hidden" messages can be pushed to me (or even my users?).
    The coincidence that i received one day ago my half yearly HowtoForge subscription invoice doesn't make it better!

upload_2017-10-24_23-50-38.png

EDIT: the hide button does NOT work. The circle starts spinning, and goes away after a few seconds, but the message is still there.

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hello,
    this message is not coming from "out-of-nowhere". It is built in into the code and only shown to admin. It is not pushed from anywhere.
    If the hide button does not work, you have a very different problem. Check the apache or nginx error logs.

3. KoS

Hi Croydon
    Thank you. What triggered the message to be shown now? The ISPconfig version is already since a while on 3.1.7 (not yet p1).
    There is no error logged in the apache log when I click the hide button :-(
    (the HTTP requests gets logged: "GET /dashboard/dashboard.php?hide=donate HTTP/1.1" 200 27187)
    Kind regards
    KoS

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As Marius mentioned, you don't get tracked and the message is not loaded from our servers and it is shown to the admin user only. We don't track ISPConfig installations, so we can not avoid that it pops up for a user that has donated already or that has an active subscription.

The message is shown again after 12 months. You have hidden the message 12 months ago by clicking on hide button and therefore it did not show up for the next 12 months. The initial hide is working but hiding again is not working due to a typo in a SQL query, this bug exists in all ISPConfig 3.1 versions but we did not notice it until last week as ISPConfig 3.1 was released about a year ago, so the first "hide-again' actions happen just these days.

There is a bug in the code that has been fixed already in git last week. Please update your server to git-stable or wait until the 3.1.8 release.

5. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hello,
    the message was introduced a while ago (don't know the exact version) so it should have appeared earlier already. I can't tell why it did not in your case. The hide button works fine here, so it's hard to guess what problem occurs on your side.
    Please remember that ISPConfig is free software and takes a lot (really!) of hard work to be developed and continuously improved. So the company relies on donations and a message like this is common in many of open source software and plugins.

6. KoS

Thanks for the information, that helps. Don't remember anymore that there was a message 12 months ago ;-)
    Okay I'll wait for the 3.1.8 update. thanks.