IspConfig Dovecot problem

Discussion in 'General' started by Vlorn, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Vlorn

Vlorn New Member

When creating new users for an existing installation (after several upgrades, both ISPconfig and Fedora releases and a server move) the "mail" directory in the /home/www/web1/user/<username>/ folder is no longer being created by ISPconfig. This results in the following dovecot error when trying to access the e-mail account

Feb 23 00:44:16 mailsvr dovecot: pop3-login: Login: user=<tom>, method=PLAIN, rip=xx.xx.xx.xx, lip=xx.xx.xx.xx
    Feb 23 00:44:16 mailsvr dovecot: POP3(tom): mail_location not set and autodetection failed: Mail storage autodetection failed with home=/home/www/web1/user/tom
    Feb 23 00:44:16 mailsvr dovecot: POP3(tom): Fatal: Namespace initialization failed

I manually created the mail directory by copying over the entire structure from a working mail account and the mail account works properly.

I'm using dovecot and postfix and DO NOT have the maildir option enabled.

i checked the old server I've removed and it's currently having the same issue so it would seem that the problem began with either the upgrade of Fedora or the upgrade of ISPconfig.

I don't see any info in the ispconfig.log that would point me to any issues. but i'm not truly sure who is responsible for creating the directory structure in the /home/www/web1/user/<username>/ directory, ISPconfig or dovecot.

Thoughts??
    Vlorn

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This directory is created by iSPConfig. Please post the output of:

crontab -l

3. Vlorn

Vlorn New Member

[root@mailsvr ipsec.d]# crontab -l
    30 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/ftp_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/mail_logs.php &> /dev/null
    59 23 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/cleanup.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/webalizer.php &> /dev/null
    0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php &> /dev/null
    0,30 * * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/check_services.php &> /dev/null
    15 3,15 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/quota_msg.php &> /dev/null
    40 00 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/traffic.php &> /dev/null
    05 02 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/backup.php &> /dev/null
    [root@mailsvr ipsec.d]#

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Maildir is created automatically once you send the first email to a new account.