ISPConfig Driver for RoundCube mark as junk plugin

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by till, Jun 14, 2022.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ahrasis likes this.
  2. onastvar

onastvar Member

I followed "Install notes" from above link. I don't see Mark as Junk button in my Roundcube installation v1.5.2. Could anyone assist?

3. Chris Tripp

Chris Tripp New Member

Links to files aren't downloading for me. Is there another repo?

4. CyberMaster

CyberMaster New Member

Chris Tripp likes this.
  5. Chris Tripp

Chris Tripp New Member

CyberMaster likes this.
  6. CyberMaster

CyberMaster New Member

I quickly browsed the documentation and IMAPSieve looks like it might be a cool integration tool for ISPConfig but my problem(and clients) is we just went from all the bells n whistles(literally even by setting any sound for new emails arriving)[​IMG] with roundcube(had to switch from 6 year outdated OS and diff CP setup), to the nice ISPConfig but mostly the basic roundcube install(I've added the ISPConfig RC plugins).[​IMG] The ole simple clicking Not Junk for the Junk folder removing it back to the Inbox is Easy for clients schedules and not soo smart people whom get irritated easily trying to figure out how to add/edit filters or even figure out what a filter is. Besides this hiccup of RC, ISPConfig is great. I'm hoping the original poster will make the ispconfig_spam.php file accessible after some type of editing? If not? I goofed up and, Ohh boy it just took soo long to transfer everyone over, pre-alert for weekend switch, modify all DNS entries on dates at the root. Would just have to redo DNS back to old setup, resync web/mail, answer lots of extra angry email, look for, install and Completely Setup this time a new CP software, look bad, but I Like ISPConfig!! :D LOL. I'll figure something out, Hopefully. Just need to keep reading here. Thanks For The Suggestion! :)

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

There are a lot of plugins both provided with roundcube and available to add on which will add features. Eg. the markasjunk plugin (which is part of the roundcube-plugins package, so probably already on your machine) can be used to move messages to a training folder; combine that with an appropriate IMAPSieve setup and it sounds like what you are wanting for that.

For that matter, I don't know what the ISPConfig specific "driver" for markasjunk would even do (the topid of this thread) would do to "mark" mail as junk more than the default markasjunk plugin, upon which it requires. My guess (based on the permissions they want on a remote api user mentioned at https://hsi.net.br/contrib/roundcube-markasjunk-ispconfig/config.inc.php.dist) is maybe it adds a blacklist entry for the sender (From: header?). It doesn't appear to do training (eg. bayes training) of your filter, so if that's what you're after, I wouldn't fret over the link to this plugin not working. (Still might be nice if it were fixed for whatever feature(s) this plugin does provide.)

8. TonyG

TonyG Active Member

@CyberMaster - as I'm somewhat new to this area too, less than a couple years, it seems we're following a similar path. Maybe this will help...

I installed RoundCube and the ISPConfig integration as our first mail client. We then migrated from Outlook/POP3 to RC/IMAP. After using RoundCube for a while, we decided it was missing basic and important features that we needed - though there's no doubt that it's still a great utility and useful to many. So we shifted to Thunderbird and different mobile clients for our internal usage. But the RoundCube hooks are still there, and once in a while we still have need to login there.

I tried hard to implement some of the addons that come with the RoundCube package. It was an uphill battle. My approach to this now, is that I will install whatever seems to be useful but I won't put heroic effort into making the email client integrations great. They either do that on their own, or not. With RoundCube we can use the ManageSieve plugin. Thunderbird has a different addon. With RoundCube, WebDAV for calendar and tasks wasn't straighforward/possible. With Thunderbird that was easy. With mobile apps (K9 and FairEmail in particular) we don't get the special features but everything directly related to email works. That's all I'm looking for out of this - to provide basic functionality for us now and for whomever will sign up for services when I offer them.

The idea here is to just get the basics working across a range of MUA clients - go broad, not deep. All MUAs should "just work". Keep the door open for people to choose their own clients, or at least a selection within your ability to provide basic support. Then add support for new features, just for users of specific MUAs, and only as time and demand allow. Some users will get more features than others, and some users might be encouraged to change their MUA to get different/better features. Some updates might cause the loss of beloved features and people will need to consider alternatives - that's just the way FOSS works sometimes. You might already be following a plan like this, I dunno...

Setting up Rspamd with "mark as junk" functionality wasn't tough, after getting familiar with Rspamd itself. During the process I learned what @Jesse Norell said, "I don't know what the ISPConfig specific "driver" for markasjunk would even do" ... other than the blacklist or Bayes training.

HTH