Ispconfig error after upgrade Ubuntu 18 to 22

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Pedro A., Dec 5, 2023.

1. Pedro A.

Pedro A. Member

Hi.
    I had Ubuntu server 18.04 with Ispconfig 3.2 running.
    I needed to upgrade ubuntu server because I needed php 8.0 or higher. Then I upgraded to 20.04 first and then to 22.04.
    Then Ispconfig seems to work inappropriately. Webs appear to be ok but I can't enter to ispconfig main site.
    I tried to update ispconfig with command: ispconfig_update.sh --force but I receive some errors:
    PHP Curl Module is missing
    PHP MYSQLi Module is missing
    PHP Multibyte module is missing.

If I do apt-get upgrade I receive some roundcube errors.
    Please, help.

Attached Files:

2. Pedro A.

Pedro A. Member

I've installed PHP 7.2 version which is the default version for Ubuntu 18. Then I changed the default system version from 8.2 to 7.2, restart apache and finally I can access ISP gui.
    Next I'll try to update ispconfig.

3. Pedro A.

Pedro A. Member

Ispconfig updated to the last version.
    But I noticed phpmyadmin appears not working properly.
    I'll try to navigate to htps://webname/phpmyadmin and the result is a blank page.
    What do I need to check to resolve this?
    Thanks.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Well you can also install multiple php as ISPConfig supports this as well.
    Ubuntu 22.04 default php is 8.1, so do change all the php default (cgi, cli and fpm) accordingly. Refer to multiple php tutorial for Ubuntu.
    Fix the above php issue first, then run ISPConfig force update again. You can try @Th0m's script for PMA.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the global apache error.log. Most likely a incompatibility between phpmyadmin version and php version, or a php modeul that phpmyadmin requires is not installed.