ISPConfig & EuroDNS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by CyberspaceX, Jan 6, 2020.

1. CyberspaceX

CyberspaceX Member

Hello, have here someone experience with EuroDNS?
    My TLDs are registered by EuroDNS.com

A brand new zone file looks like this:

Code:
    ; zone file for domain.xyz

$ORIGIN domain.xyz.
    $TTL 3600

@    86400    IN SOA ns1.eurodns.com. hostmaster.eurodns.com. (
              2020010600 ; serial
              43200 ; refresh
              7200 ; retry
              1209600 ; expire
              86400 ; minimum
              )

@    86400    IN NS    ns1.eurodns.com.
    @    86400    IN NS    ns2.eurodns.com.
    @    86400    IN NS    ns3.eurodns.com.
    @    86400    IN NS    ns4.eurodns.com.

; IPv4 Address definition
    @    600    IN A    185.53.177.20
    localhost    86400    IN A    127.0.0.1

; Canonical Name definition
    *    600    IN CNAME    825610.parkingcrew.net.

What i need to use own name servers and what is a good general configuration for ISPConfig?
    I have a small Server in Amsterdam with the: The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) with Apache, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Postfix, Dovecot and ISPConfig 3.1 setup...
    Now i need some DNS configuration... thats everything works fine...

i have a .com TLD for the server setup... but i generate in the install prozecess a new SSL... EuroDNS give me a free one... how i can change the self generated SSLs during the install process?
    all webs have different SSLs and i like to include it in ISPConfig...

Best regards
    Michael

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. CyberspaceX

CyberspaceX Member

Thank you for your answer ... but what I need now to set up the DNS correctly ... which records I need is ISPConfig works well with EuroDNS ...

i understand your first link... for own name server i need more servers and a different setup... but what records i need for a general setup thats ISPConfig works fine...?!

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I assume EuroDNS is the registrar where you got your domain from? If this is the case, at EuroDNS you write the IP-numbers of your two name servers or FQDN of them for your domains. I explain this more in the DNS Tutorial I linked in #2.
    You do no define what "works fine" means in this case. Generally, you set up the hostnames you need and NS, MX etc records for your domains. Read more for example from wikipedia or some other article explaining name service. There are books even, for example http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596100575.do
    Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

5. CyberspaceX

CyberspaceX Member

EuroDNS is the registrar... it is better to point a single TLD to my ISPConfig server and setup there the DNS config or its better to setup everything inside EuroDNS?! In my case i just want to setup EuroDNS to point to my server and than ISPConfig handle everything...

6. Steini86

Steini86 Active Member

In your case I would suggest to use your registrars interface. If you do not know what you are doing, you can mess up a lot of things with wrong DNS configuration and it takes long to recover from that.
    For every domain you want to use with ISPC, create an A and AAAA entry pointing to your server. It is up to you if you want to do that for each subdomain separately or use a wildcard entry (use cname entries for subdomains).
    If you want to use mails with ispc, also make an MX and SPF entry.