ISPConfig & Firefox 47.0.1

Discussion in 'General' started by kephra, Jul 7, 2016.

1. kephra

kephra Member

I did a fresh install of Ispconfig 3.1 on a fresh Centos 7.2 vps which went flawlessly until I actually brought up the control panel.
    After logging in with Firefox 47 running on my Mac mini, none of the tabs like Email or Sites did anything. I then tried Safari, and the control panel worked as expected with Safari. Then I tried the control panel on Firefox 44 running on Fedora 24, and it also worked.

Ispconfig 3.05 works fine on my Mac with Firefox 47 which is the system I use all the time.

I installed the 'stable' version, but what I actually got was 3.1 Dev. Did I install the wrong version, or is there some problem with the stable version?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you got 3.1 then you did not install the stable version, the stable version is 3.0.5.4p9. I just tested ISPConfig in Firefox 47.0.1 here on Windows and it works fine, so there might be a bug in Firefox on Mac OS.

3. kephra

kephra Member

I tested 3.1dev on Windows/FIrefox 47 this morning and it does work there as you said. It is completely mystifying that everything else works ok with the Mac. 3.05 works fine.

I also found that rebooting my mac solved the problem with 3.1. I hardly ever reboot the mac, it runs for months without rebooting.

As to how I got 3.1, I chose the defaults during the install. I would have had to purposely select anything else. So I guess I am a beta tester?
    I am going to keep it installed... I still have 3.0.5 on my production vps.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It might also be that you use a firefox plugin that causes this like a adblocker or script blocker.

You download ispconfig with wget before you install it, so you have the choice there which version you are downloading.

5. kephra

kephra Member

Rebooting my mac solved the problem without any changes to my Firefox config.
    I look forward to the final version of 3.1. It looks pretty nice and I like the new features.
    Bill (aka Kephra)