ispconfig firewall error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ariban99, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ariban99

ariban99 Member

Hi,
    I recently installed ISPCONFIG on 2 seperate computers. I installed the centos 7 perfect server with apache2
    Both time it gave me the same problem. when i pushed on add a firewall in ispconfig and put all the standard ports, after that (sometimes before that) i can no longer access my ispconfig.
    i had to ssh into the server from local lan ip and type /etc/init.d/bastille-firewall stop and only then it works!
    any ideas?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check that you don't run the centos firewalld service as running bastille and firewalld together will not work.

3. ariban99

ariban99 Member

firewalld is not even installed, when i try disable firewalld it says service not found.
    is there a way to not have any firewall on at all? i put the server behind pfsense firewall and i dont need one on the local server for the website (at least i think so)
    how can i completely disable bastille in centos 7? i tried update-rc.d -f bastille-firewall remove but that does not work on centos 7

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Sure, thats the default when you dont add a firewall record in ispconfig. If you added a firewall record in ispconfig, just remove it, thats all.

5. ariban99

ariban99 Member

perfect, thank you.
    by the way, somehow on a yum update firewalld did get installed, i removed it and now its working again! thanks for your advice!