ISPConfig Firewall is blocking my public network

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by LightVision, Mar 18, 2009.

1. LightVision

LightVision New Member

Hi,

I have the folowing situation:

---INTERNET-------ISPConfig Server/Router ------ Switch ------ other computers
    eth0/eth1 |
    |
    other computers

Before installation of ISPConfig the router/server was route-ing a public subnet 86.122.*.*/26 using (in Debian) /etc/sysctl.conf net.ipv4.conf.default.forwarding=1
    and all of the other computers in my network where using public ip-s. In fact through eth1 i was using public IP-s from the same subnet inclusive for DNS...etc.

Everything works fine until I enable ISPConfig firewall, but after that, the other computers in my network (not the server) doesn't have internet anymore. I could ping the router/server enabled ip-s, but i couldn't ping yahoo, google etc

Thank you very much in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ISPConfig firewall is made for webhosting servers and not routers. Just deaktivate the ispconfig firewall and setup a different wirewall that supports routers.

3. LightVision

LightVision New Member

I've changed the configuration and now the server does the rounting only for the public subnet used for webhosting.

Thank you.