ispconfig/firewall

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev King, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Kev King

Kev King New Member

Have activated the firewall with-in ispconfig, and now I am not able to access anything on the server. Um very frustrating, is there anyway of accessing ispconfig, like a back door. I know this is probably not a good idea, as it would make any security useless...............but any ideas? without having to do a total reinstall.......................
    installed on a debian etch system by the way.

2. Kev King

Kev King New Member

sorted

Quick e-mail to isp solved problem.

Never setup a firewall without first setting some rules, DOUGH!!!

Well its one way of learning...................

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

By the way, this problem could not have been caused by the ispconfig firewall as the ispconfig firewall never closes port 81 and the ssh port.

4. _X_

_X_ New Member

How port for ssh rule can be changed?
    or if new rule is created for ssh how can the original be disabled?

5. Kev King

Kev King New Member

You can alter ssh port in ssh_config. But if you got firewall running make sure you open that port in there too otherwise you will lock yourself out...ha ha

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

For the SSH server it's in sshd_config (usually in /etc/ssh/sshd_config).

7. _X_

_X_ New Member

I did all that but now I have two firewall rules:
    default SSH on port 22 and new one.
    How to delete default or at least disable it (deactivate)?
    or how to edit port for default SSH rule on ISPConfig firewall?

8. falko

You can do that under Management > Server > Services > Firewall.

9. _X_

_X_ New Member

No I can't. When I try to modify Port for default SSH firewall rule i get this error:

The following error occurred:

This port cannot be altered.

Thats the reason why I created new rule.
    The same error is displayed when i try to delete default SSH rule.

10. falko

Ah, I remember. This rule cannot be changed or deleted to avoid that people lock themselves out of their servers.

11. _X_

_X_ New Member

can be added an option in conf file for each default rule to be dissabled/enabled in next version?

or can ispconfig read settings for ssh port and update port accordingly to ssh conf?

12. falko

I've added this to our bugtracker.

13. chengkinhung

chengkinhung New Member

change the ispconfig program here:

vi /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_firewall.lib.php
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // SSH und ISPConfig immer offen
    if($doc_id == 2) {
    $go_api->db->query("UPDATE isp_firewall SET dienst_aktiv = 'ja', dienst_typ = 'tcp', status = '', dienst_port = '22' where doc_id = '$doc_id'");
    $go_api->errorMessage($go_api->lng("Dieser Port kann nicht ge瓣ndert werden.").$go_api->lng("weiter_link"));
    }

if($doc_id == 7) {
    $go_api->db->query("UPDATE isp_firewall SET dienst_aktiv = 'ja', dienst_typ = 'tcp', status = '', dienst_port = '81' where doc_id = '$doc_id'");
    $go_api->errorMessage($go_api->lng("Dieser Port kann nicht ge瓣ndert werden.").$go_api->lng("weiter_link"));
    }http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/...223216276099&adurl=http://www.zmanda.com&nm=9
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

change the : dienst_port = '22' and dienst_port = '81' to what you want, then configure the firewall in Management->Server->Services->firewall again.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009