ispconfig/ftp/subdomain/redirect help.

Discussion in 'General' started by whitebeard, Aug 18, 2014.

1. whitebeard

whitebeard New Member

Alright to better explain what I need help with, I will give you an example.

I log into an ftp account allocated to me by a friend on his server. I upload an image to a folder called pictures within my directory on his server and then go to whitebeard.example.com/pictures/example.png and it brings me to the file I uploaded just seconds ago.

That is what I want to be able to do for my server.
    I already have an ftp account setup for it /var/www/clients/whitebeard/whitebeard
    I have an A record for whitebeard.example2.com
    and I have a redirect "R,L" for whitebeard.example2.com to http://www.example2.com/var/www/clients/whitebeard/whitebeard
    but this hasn't worked.

What do I need to do? And if this isn't the right area or forum for that matter, to post this in, can someone enlighten me as to where I should go for help?

Don't say google please because thats what my friend did and I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out.

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. whitebeard

whitebeard New Member

I don't want an anonymous login. I already have an account setup in which I would like to use but I want whatever I upload through that account accessible from whitebeard.example2.com

Like I said before, I use the whitebeard account to upload a picture to the pictures directory in the directory of the user, then I would like to access it online through whitebeard.example2.com/pictures/example.png