ISPConfig functioning problem ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Leszek, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Leszek

Leszek Member

Hi!
    I finally got a chance to test ISPConfig in action in it's natural environment with a real domain name,on the Internet etc. I wanted it to go quick for now so I used ISPConfig VMware virtual appliance from here.
    I've created a new hosting plan and a customer account for my website.Great! It worked!
    Next I've added an email account with administrator rights for myself.After some time i've added a coupple of acconts for my friend that helped me in testing from end-user side.Everything worked great but I've noticed that email users have a prefix web2_ prefix.That prefix was attached to an email as a sender name or something and it didn't want it to look that way so according to the faq i removed the prefix.Then it turned out that existing users still had that prefix so i had to remove them,empty the trash and create them again.
    This is the point where ISPConfig stopped cooperating.
    It turned out that after deleting an email account (with admins privileges) my website dissapeared and SuPHP gave me an internal server error (Uid of script "/var/www/web/index.php" is smaller than Min_uid.I guess that removing an email deleted a system user so that the directory web and everything inside couldn't be owned by the user that doesn't exist.That's an inconvenience to me but I can live with it.I've created an email account with the same username and got a mail account with no prefix.Great!
    The site was back again too.I then created the other email accounts for other users.Now every user can send emails but can't recieve them.Anyone that sends an email to any of my users gets a message in return:
    "This is the Postfix program at host ok.mbps.pl.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<[email protected]> (expanded from <my email here>):
    [server1.example.com]: Name or service not known"

I don't know why is this happening and how can I change the default address server1.example.com :confused: (I though that I've changed it everywhere I should).
    Also the php safe mode doesn't work-it's just always off.

ISPConfig version on the appliance is 2.2.3 (I cant update it thru the web interface-it just loggs me out).
    Maybe this version of ISPConfig or that virtual appliance is buggy or maybe I am :) .
    Thanks again for Your help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You did not delete an email account, you did delete the administrator account of the website. Thats a big difference! SuPHP can not work without a administrator account assigned to the site.

Did you change the ostname in /etc/mailname too? What is the output of:

hostname -f

ISPConfig can never be updated trough the web interface, you must update it on the commandline.

3. Leszek

Leszek Member

Hi!

No,i didn't change the hostname in /etc/mail so one problem's fixed now.
    hostname -f gives me ok.mbps.pl so it's ok.

Now after reboot my administrator's email account can recieve mail but after sending a letter to another account on the system i get an answer again but with a different error like this:"

This is the Postfix program at host ok.mbps.pl.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
    be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
    delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<my_user_address>: maildir delivery failed: create
    /var/www/web2/user/stanislaw/.//Maildir/tmp/1176710131.P3157.ok.mbps.pl:
    Permission denied"

Can this problem be fixed automatically by ISPConfig or should I have to do it myself ?

4. Leszek

Leszek Member

I've fixed the permissions by hand and everything's ok now.
    I guess thing will screw up after deleting the administrator's account and when I'll add next users their file permissions will be set ok.