ISPConfig Help to link my domain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jjc, Aug 3, 2020.

1. jjc

jjc New Member

I already installed the latest version of ISPConfig and it works great. I have a domain in Godaddy [jjcj.club] [the img2, img3, img4], I have created in ISPConfig a client and its site with the domain [incidencias.jjcj.club] [the img1]. The ip of my server (where I have ISPConfig installed) is 192.168.0.15/24. I would like to know what steps I have to take so that when accessing the domain of the site [incidencias.jjcj.club]] my website can be seen. When I write the ip [192.168.0.15] in my browser, my web page appears, but if I type that same IP in a computer from another place, I see "This page does not work ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE". I would greatly appreciate your knowledge, thank you.

Attached Files:

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

192.168.0.15 is your local ip that is only accessible through a local area network.

You need public ip, directly (static) or indirectly (dynamic), to access your server and any domain on your server from elsewhere.

3. jjc

jjc New Member

Thanks, so could I use the IP listed here ip.sch.my ?

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If it is indeed your server public ip, then you may use it, but it is best if you could test it first.

Note that if you run your server behind a router at home, you normally have dynamic public ip, instead of a static one.